Jump To :
I’m excited to share with you one of my most popular restaurant copycat recipes – Cajun Chicken And Broccoli Alfredo. This dish is a favorite among my family and friends and I’m sure it will become one of yours too!
What sets this dish apart is the extra punch of flavor from the broccoli, homemade Cajun seasoning, and creamy homemade Alfredo sauce. The combination of these ingredients creates a rich, comforting and perfectly balanced meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and happy.
The best part? You can have all of this deliciousness on your plate after just 10 minutes of prep time! That’s right, this recipe is quick, easy and perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
1. Ingredients for Cajun Chicken And Broccoli Alfredo
To make Cajun Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli, you will need:
- Chicken breasts
- Penne pasta
- Olive oil
- Homemade Cajun seasoning (recipe included)
- Homemade Alfredo sauce (recipe included)
- Parmesan cheese (for serving)
These ingredients work together to create a rich and flavorful dish that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
2. Preparing the Chicken
To prepare the chicken for this dish, you will need to start by seasoning it with the homemade Cajun seasoning. This seasoning is a blend of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and dried oregano. Simply mix these spices together and rub them onto the chicken breasts.
Next, heat some olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken until it is golden brown and cooked through. Once it’s done, set it aside while you prepare the rest of the dish.
3. Making the Cajun Seasoning
The homemade Cajun seasoning is what gives this dish its signature flavor. To make it, simply mix together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and dried oregano. Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to your liking depending on how spicy you want the seasoning to be.
This seasoning can be used for many other dishes as well, so feel free to make a large batch and store it in an airtight container for future use.
4. Making the Alfredo Sauce
The homemade Alfredo sauce is what makes this dish creamy and decadent. To make it, you will need:
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Melt the butter in a saucepan and add minced garlic. Cook for a minute or two until fragrant, then add heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Gradually whisk in grated Parmesan cheese until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Putting it All Together
To assemble the dish, start by cooking the penne pasta according to package instructions. In a separate pot, steam the broccoli until it is tender.
Next, slice the cooked chicken into strips and add it to a pan along with the cooked pasta, steamed broccoli, and homemade Alfredo sauce. Cook everything together for a few minutes until heated through and the sauce has coated everything nicely.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top for an extra touch of flavor. This dish is sure to impress and will quickly become a family favorite.
Recipe tips and variations :
- Use leftover cooked chicken: If you have leftover cooked chicken, feel free to use it in this recipe to save time. Simply cut it into strips and add it to the pasta and sauce mixture.
- Add more vegetables: While broccoli is a great addition to this dish, you can also add other vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or mushrooms for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Use different pasta: While penne pasta works well for this dish, you can use any type of pasta you prefer. Fettuccine, linguine, or even spaghetti would work great.
- Adjust the spiciness: If you want your dish to be spicier, simply increase the amount of cayenne pepper in the Cajun seasoning. Alternatively, if you want it to be milder, decrease the amount or omit it altogether.
- Make it vegetarian: To make a vegetarian version of this dish, simply omit the chicken and add more vegetables, such as mushrooms or zucchini.
- Make it gluten-free: To make a gluten-free version of this dish, simply use gluten-free pasta and make sure all of your other ingredients are also gluten-free.
- Add a splash of lemon juice: For an extra burst of flavor, add a splash of fresh lemon juice to the Alfredo sauce. This will help brighten up the flavors and add a nice tanginess to the dish.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Before serving, sprinkle some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or basil over the top of the dish for added freshness and color.
With these recipe tips and variations, you can customize this dish to your liking and create a meal that is perfect for you and your family. Enjoy!
Get the Full (Printable) How to Make Cajun Chicken And Broccoli Alfredo Recipe Below!Print
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets (see notes about chicken breasts)
- 2–3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pasta from the pot and leave the pasta cooking water in the pot.
- Return the pasta cooking water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch until just tender and bright green, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Immediately drain the broccoli and plunge it into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and set the color.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken generously with Cajun seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until shimmering. Add the chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until the temperature on an internal thermometer reaches 165°F, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Cover a clean baking sheet or oven-safe plate with foil. Place in the oven to keep warm.
- When the chicken is to temperature, place it on the baking sheet in the oven to keep warm.
- Return the skillet to the stove and melt butter until foaming over medium-high heat.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in wine to deglaze the pan. Simmer until the sauce has reduced by half, about 2 minutes (your pan is hot at this point so it should not take long).
- Whisk in cream and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return pasta to skillet and toss gently to coat.
- In the skillet or in a large, warmed serving bowl, pile broccoli on top of pasta, top with chicken, and garnish with more Parmesan cheese.
There you have it – Cajun Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli! Feel free to adjust the ingredients and seasonings to your liking. This recipe is versatile and perfect for customization. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 909
Keywords: Cajun Chicken And Broccoli Alfredo
Are you tired of the same old pasta dishes? Do you crave something bold and flavorful that will satisfy your taste buds? Then you need to try this Cajun Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli recipe! With tender chicken, perfectly cooked pasta, and steamed broccoli, all coated in a creamy, decadent Alfredo sauce, this dish is a true crowd-pleaser.
The homemade Cajun seasoning adds a spicy kick that takes the dish to the next level, while the blanched broccoli provides a healthy serving of veggies. And the best part? This recipe can be made in just 10 minutes of prep time, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
So why not switch things up and give this recipe a try? You won’t be disappointed. Whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a dinner party, Cajun Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli is sure to impress. Don’t wait – grab your ingredients and get cooking today!